Hope Recovery Addiction Center – Call (918) 779-0011 and Get Help Today!
Treatment Programs Centers knows that the most effective method for convincing an addict to enter a rehab or rehabilitation treatment program is to host an intervention. If you’re worried about somebody in your life, someone who is considerably changed because of a drug or alcohol addiction, then an intervention may be the best place to begin getting them help. Watching an addict suffer and fight can also be a troubling experience, particularly if you are a loved one. It’s possible you may be asking, “How can I help my friend get sober once more,” and “What’s my part in my friend’s recovery process?” Friends and family members care deeply for the person who is affected by drug abuse, but it may wear them down to have to say ‘no’ all of the time. You can’t be afraid of confrontation, it’s time for you to take action. Call Intervention Services Tulsa, OK at 918 779-0011 for information about interventions and how to organize one.
What Is an Intervention?
An intervention is an event that’s highly organized in order to convince an addict to go into a therapy program for treatment for their issues with addiction. Family members, loved ones, church members, teachers, or other individuals who are concerned about the addict join together to meet with the addict regarding the effects of their drug dependency, and inspire them to agree to rehab for his or her drug and/or alcohol dependency. Most often the addict will either not realize there is an issue, or be in denial concerning their problem, and many times they’re simply unwilling to get assistance, but the objective of an intervention is to provide the addict with a possibility to make a change in their life. A change that could likely save their life. There are several topics that should be discussed during an intervention, like:
- specific examples of hurtful behavior and how it has influenced the addict and their loved ones
- the therapy plan along with objectives and instructions that the addict is expected to observe
- what every participant will do if the addict won’t enter a rehab center of some kind
Usually there are four types of interventions: simple, crisis, classical, and family system.
- ‘Simply’ asking the person to quit their self-destructive habits is a simple intervention; this method should always be attempted before some other, more difficult intervention is tried.
- In extremely hazardous, risky situations, like reckless driving, violence, or intense substance abuse, it is best to use a crisis intervention.
- Classical interventions focus on a particular person, the goal being that they agree to rehabilitation due to the intervention.
- Family system interventions focus on all of the family members, and convincing them to quit their behaviors. Since substance addiction and domestic violence tend to create dysfunctional living environments, everyone involved needs help quitting their behaviors.
What’s the Difference Between an Intervention and Treatment?
There’s a significant difference between an intervention and therapy, but both are imperative to recovery. Oklahoma Drug Intervention encourages the addict’s friends, family members, and other people that care about them to put together an intervention with the purpose of convincing the addict to get help for his or her disease. An intervention is NOT rehab, and is probably not enough to prevent an addict from using drugs or alcohol. Rehabilitation facilities, like Rehab Intervention Program, teach the addict about the illness of drug and alcohol abuse and give them the skills and techniques they will need to maintain long term recovery. For the best probability of success, Intervention Services Program Tulsa suggests that an addict is encouraged to agree to enter rehab straight away after their intervention.
For Immediate Help, Call Hope Recovery Addiction Center!
There isn’t anything more troubling or scary than standing by as a loved one suffers and battles with drug and/or alcohol addiction. Generally, an intervention is an involved, planned meeting due to the combined efforts of friends and family, however, it can sometimes be as easy as asking the individual to quit their habits. Alcoholic Recovery Center can help by providing interventionists, locating rehab facilities around the country, or talking about substance abuse in general. Call 918-779-0011 today to help a loved one get the support they so urgently need!