Statistic shows how many million people have affected by prescription drugs. 1 in 6 teens have used prescription drugs in order to get high or change their mood. More Americans die from drug overdoses than in car crashes. Opioid pain relievers are one major cause of overdose deaths than cocaine and heroin combined.
Drug Abuse Facts and Statistics
- 90% of addictions start in the teenage years.
- 65% of teens get medicines from home or friends
- Only 3% of parents admit giving their child medication not prescribed for them
- More Americans die from drug overdose than car crashes.
- 1 person dies every 19 minutes from drug overdose.